11.17.2006

More mouse-capades

It wasn't enough to have a midnight adventure with cat and mouse, now I have to have an afternoon adventure with mouse and coffee.

This afternoon one of my cats was rather insistent upon being on the kitchen counter. This is highly frowned upon at my house. We love our cats on the floor and in the lap, but in no way, shape, or form are they allowed onto such surfaces as the kitchen counter. Strict rules.

No sooner had I repremanded her, then a mouse jumped out from behind the microwave and scurried past my coffee cup, behind the utensil jar and in Kamakaze form, threw himself into the void between my stove and wall. I, of course, screamed bloody Mary, high stepped it into the other room and made several convulsive motions to indicate my utter grossed-outedness.

Once I recovered, I quite loudly stomped back into the kitchen (so's to scare off any other mice in waiting), took EVERYTHING off the counters and cleaned them like they've never been cleaned before. Strict rules be damned! If there is a mouse on my counter, you better believe, from this point out, that my cat is WELCOME up there!

I have to say that if it weren't for the mouse-capades, I don't think my kitchen would've gotten so clean. Sometimes all we need is that little incentive to get the work done.

Your challenge is to find that incentive.

No comments: