11.08.2006

Cat Logic


photo by Swedish Viper.


Today is one of those windy fall days that makes it seem much cooler outside than it really is. As I sit in my office (not really wanting to be in here), I find myself staring out the window - daydreaming. When I come to, I notice that one of my cats is also staring out the window - but he is poised for action. It seems the wind has whipped up a great many leaves and is blowing them across the yard. Oz, now glued to the window, his tail flicking from right to left, head darting one direction then another, is chasing the falling leaves.

Occasionally he lunges toward a particular leaf, stubbing his paw (& his nose) on the invisible barrier of glass. - Not to be deterred, however, he quickly regroups, setting his sites on a new leaf. A new focus, new excitement.

So, it is here that I take a lesson from my cat: whatever you do, do with fervor, simplicity, and Joy. If you're not enjoying it, refocus - & find the excitement... the joy.

It doesn't matter to him that he can't catch the leaves. He's just having fun trying.

Challenge: Find your Joy

Just like Oz, find joy in simple tasks, and if it's not working, refocus. Make a list of joyful things, not just objects but tasks that you can undertake to help you recharge when your joy reserves are getting a little low.

Activity: Take yourself out on an Artist's Date

Do something just for you. If you need ideas, check out Julia Cameron's The Artists Way, checkout the Online Workshop, or 101 Ideas.

No comments: